Friday in Furniture HiringFebruary 15, 2013
Those two positions are the first two listings for Home Furnishings Business' new Friday in Furniture Hiring snapshot, a posting of furniture industry hirings that are currently available.
Jerome's is looking for an experienced buyer to be responsible for accessory sales, margins, inventory turns, merchandise selection and vendor negotiations.
Specific responsibilities include the development of a merchandise plan based on fashion, sales trends, current merchandise lineup and competitive analysis. Candidates should also be comfortable negotiating pricing, terms, products and logistics with suppliers.
Other skills required are:
- Develop and implement strategic growth plan for all accessory categories;
- Review sales and product statistics for effective merchandising decisions;
- Attend trade shows, factories and warehouses for most current product assortment;
- Shop our competitors; create price point analysis and analyze trends for future purchases, and
- Regularly meet with the visual team and merchandise to go review current lineup and create a go-forward plan.
Requirements for the position are:
- Must have attended the High Point and/or Las Vegas Furniture Market;
- Minimum three years experience in furniture accessories buying;
- Hold a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Exhibit outstanding communication skills; both verbal and written, and
- Have the ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize multiple demands.
Jerome's benefits package includes health insurance, life and long term disability, Aflac, vacation pay, sick pay, birthday holiday pay and an employer 401K match. Interested applicants should e-mail resumé, fax to 858-753-0824 or print off an application on the company's Web site.