Howell to Lead WithIt in 2011January 19, 2011
WithIt, the women’s leadership network for home and furnishings professionals has named Mary Leigh Howell 2011 president.
Howell, vice president of Greensboro, N.C.-based RLF Communications will lead WithIt's newly announced board of directors.
"It's an honor to lead an organization that has meant so much to me on a professional and personal level," Howell says. "WithIt's value to its membership and our industry is a constant, and the Board will continue to develop compelling educational events and networking opportunities for home and furnishings leaders. In addition, we will improve and expand the organization's online presence by launching an enhanced Web site, a series of topical webinars and timely network-building tools."
The WithIt Board of Directors is made up of an executive committee, vice presidents who lead major committees, vice presidents who represent industry niches, and vice presidents who represent geographic regions.
Serving in 2011 on the Executive Committee are:
* Chairman Board of Governors, Liz O’Brien, sales representative, Ekornes, Star International and Carter Furniture.
* Chairman, Stephanie Lowder, president and creative director, Rare Bird Creative.
* President, Mary Leigh Howell, vice president, RLF Communications.
* Vice president/president elect, Julia Rosien, president, SocialNorth.com.
* Vice president, Debbie Beers, vice president of consumer strategy, art and science hub, Furniture Brands International.
* Treasurer, Kira Staggers, audit associate, Smith Leonard PLLC.
Vice Presidents/Committee Chairs perform the duties of an assigned WithIt committee. The 2010 officers are:
* Marketing, Amanda Williams, public relations account supervisor, Wray Ward.
* Media, Julie Smith Vincenti, president/manager, Nine Muses Media LLC.
* Mentoring, Lorri Kelley, vice president of Western U.S. sales, Palliser.
* Education, Cathy Smith, director of design and merchandising, De Leo Textiles.
* Membership, Cindy Williams, vice president of sales, Info Retail.
* Scholarship Foundation, Violette Forman, general manager, Havertys Furniture.
Vice president at large officers serve as representatives of an industry niche. The 2011 vice presidents at large are:
* Millennial Outreach, Amy Voelker, vice president of merchandising communications, FurnitureDealer.net.
* Casegoods/Upholstery, Beverly Kastel, marketing manager, Ekornes.
* Supplier, Libby Langdon, president, Libby Interiors Inc.
* Retail, Shelley Parlin, chief operating officer, Profitsystems.
Regional Vice Presidents build membership and develop events within their geographic region. The 2011 officers are:
* Vice president New York Metro/Northeast Region, Jana Platina Phipps, owner, Home Couture Collective/Classical Elements.