Chateau Lyon Takes Major Collection Pinnacle HonorsOctober 17, 2012
Each year the American Society of Furniture Designers' Pinnacle Awards competition honors outstanding product across a range of categories.
Château Lyon was credited for interpreting touches of history for today’s more casual lifestyle.
Judges' comments included: "This is a well-rounded range of pieces, many of which are characterized with unexpected details like the delicate inlays. There is an attractive mixture of materials that includes a variety of decorative hardware and authentically aged finish treatments."
Winners in other categories, and judges' comments follow.
* Bedroom: Caracole by Jon Russell Koch for Schnadig International. "The resort-like design makes a dramatic statement and yet is adeptly scaled for a stunning master suite."
* Formal Dining: Arrondissement by Richard Schroeder, Denis Kissane and Gary Hokanson for Stanley Furniture. "The design is impressive in its nice use of wood and striking table top detail. We also applaud the variety of finish tones."
* Motion Upholstery: Brayden by Tom Garland and Paul Zaidman for American Leather. "The clean, contemporary styling provides a graceful silhouette. We admire the ergonomic adjustability of the frame and take notice of the patented mechanism."
* Stationary Upholstery: Varese sofa by Joseph Mallison for Century Furniture. "The shaped lines of the silhouette exude a comfortable grace that is heightened through the multi-pillow back and dressmaker skirt."
* Leather Upholstery: Meridien Series by David Vanderbloemen for Century Furniture. "The handsome curved back detail of the seat is nicely paired with the shaped arm. We also like the decorative saddle stitching detail."
* Occasional Tables: Avalon Heights by Richard Schroeder, Denis Kissane and Gary Hokanson for Stanley Furniture. "The modern design is clean and beautiful with a geometric grid motif expressed in a handsome combination of metal and glass."
* Occasional Storage: Le Papillion chest by Cindy Hall, Erica Wingo for Hooker Furniture. "We love the complex combination of materials that pairs a textural burlap finish with decorative painting. The chest has great proportion of scale to create a fun, cute gem that is pleasing to the eye."