Surya Sets Event Lineup for MarketsJanuary 9, 2013
Rug and home accessories supplier Surya will be hosting a number of showroom events at the upcoming Atlanta and Las Vegas markets.
"We've developed a series of events that I believe our retailers will find both informative and creatively inspiring," said Satya Tiwari, Surya president. "We are also very excited to welcome them into our expansive new Atlanta showroom -- which has allowed us to showcase a more complete range of our product offerings.
Key events for the two upcoming events include the following:
- Thursday, Jan. 10 at 2 p.m. Designer Spotlight: Malene B Surya's latest design collaborator, Malene B shares the style inspirations for her new globally inspired Voyages and Destinations Collections.
- Thursday, Jan. 10 at 4 p.m. Totally 80's Flashback Party Surya celebrates the opening of its 11A1 showroom with an 80's inspired event, complete with themed cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and a DJ playing classics from the era of big hair and leg warmers. A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place shortly before 5 p.m. to officially launch the new space. All market visitors and press are invited to attend.
- Friday, Jan. 11 at 1 p.m. Lunch & Learn - Surya Rug Basics The company launches its 2013 training series with Rug Basics - a retailer's guide to the essentials of rug construction and care.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 2 p.m. Designer Spotlight: Beth Lacefield Designer Beth Lacefield will walk retailers through her bold new home accessories collection that blends classic tribal motifs with a contemporary palette of neutrals and pop shades.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 4 p.m. Totally 80's Flashback Party - West Coast Surya's winter market celebration continues, as the 80's flashback event moves to Las Vegas. Market visitors are invited for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and a DJ playing favorite classics.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 1 p.m. Lunch & Learn: Surya Design Solutions The Surya design team shares the latest trends in home fashion and tips for translating them into stylish, engaging retail solutions.
Market visitors are invited to stop by the Surya showroom for complimentary gourmet breakfast and lunch, as well as afternoon cocktail hour with hot hors d'oeuvres.